The Journey to Becoming the Parent You Want to Be
with Ana Joanes
In this episode of the Parenting ADHD Podcast, I’m talking with documentary filmmaker, Ana Joanes, about the journey to becoming the parent you want to be. We discuss how our childhood experiences shape the parent we become, how those experiences change our neurological physiology, parent stress, the importance of self-compassion and self-care, and the fact that you are not alone. This episode will help you parent with intention and purpose, rather than just trying to get through each day.
“You’re not alone. We all have times when we don’t like our child, when we reset their presence.” — Ana Joanes
Resources in this EpisodeNOTE: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- The experience of autism (and ADHD) is almost identical in the brain as trauma. A life with autism includes traumatic experiences.
- At the intersection of autism and trauma
- The Life Recovery Method, by Robert Cox, LPC
- Radical self-care
- Far from the Tree, by Andrew Solomon
- Healing Program on WrestlingGhosts.com
- Watch Wrestling Ghosts